Below is 2nd set of 3’30” 20kg LC. Training continues to improve with each session. The plan was to ‘test out’ with the 20s at Nico Rithner’s meet on Aug. 31st but realized we are flying back to be with family for the long weekend. Still planning on a 10 min test set with goal of 100 reps before the flight, I look forward to epic leg spasms during the flight. If you are in Colorado, I highly recommend you to lift at Coach Nico’s meet. The BOLT rules allow you to have multiple hand switches and set the bells down without being disqualified. Perfect for both the seasoned girevik as well as the kettlebell noob. And to be honest, it is a HUGE rush to step on the platform and compete against your peers. DO IT!
Set 1: 24kg LC 1’30” 10RPM
Set 2: 24kg LC 2′ 10RPM
Set 3: 20kg LC 3’30” 10RPM
Set 4: 12kg Snatch 20RPM (switch at 5′)
Short Assist Set
Tonight’s KB class will be a FUN one…
This circuit starts with a few movements that require extreme focus and will fry the nervous system followed by simpler endurance centric movements. We will repeat the entire circuit THREE times!
- Half Get-Up (5 Point) 30”/arm (GO sloooow, only 3-5 reps/30″)
- Side Step Swing 30″. Quick feet
- Strict Press 30″/arm. DEVELOP TENSION (SQUEEZE THE BUTT & LATS)
- Bottom Up Clean 30″/arm. Contracting the trunk and using a vice grip, feel the tension developed from feet on up
- Hindu Push-up 30″ Inhaling on the sweep through, elbows tight
- Swing + Clean 1’/arm. This will test grip strength and may result in the ‘claw’ forearm
- Horse Stance 30″. Parallel or lower folks
- Front Plank 30″ Straight line from back of skull to the heels, no sagging
- Rest 2 min.
Excellent, now to the hallway we go!
- Bear Crawl down, walking lunges back
- Double Suitcase Carry
- Double Racked Carry
Stretch, go home, EAT
I have been *gasp* enjoying running the past few weeks which has been improving my KB sport training quite a bit. This little gem was plastered all over Facebook the past few weeks and is definitely worth a read. Contains some adult words but nails it on the head beautifully.