Hope you all have been enjoying the holiday week as much as I have! It’s been full of BBQ, volleyball, horseshoes, and even fireworks (most were canceled in Colorado due to the fires). I’ve gotten some good training in, but just haven’t had the time to post on here. Here are the sessions for the last two days. After reading some of Dan John’s writing on the benefits of the kettlebell clean I was chomping at the bit for some Cardio Cleans.
- 32kg KB Strict Press 5×3/side
- Double 32kg KB Front Squat 5×3
- Box Jump 5×5 (performed as complex, rest 1-2 min/set)
- 32kg KB Clean 100 reps (switched every 5 but don’t set down((fantastic ab exercise))
- Cool down
- Bike 70 min (keep cadence to 95-100 RPM)
- 32kg KB Clean 100 reps (switch every 5)
- Static Stretch/foam roller
Last night after the 4th of July activities, Keri and I watched Act of Valor. It is a fantastic and intense film that depicts the activities of our nations elite Navy SEALS (portrayed by actual SEALS). There are some graphic parts so it’s not for the youngsters, but I highly recommend it!